I love cranberries. It hasn’t always been that way, though. As a kid, I wouldn’t even look at one. I think it was the horror that is cranberry sauce that made me gag every Thanksgiving that totally turned me off.
It wasn’t until I was in my 30’s (and after I found a cranberry appetizer) that I grew to appreciate the fruit. Years later, I’ve taken that recipe and made it my own. Now, you can find several similar appetizers on Pinterest. I haven’t tried them, because I have perfected my own, but I am sure they are just as delicious.
So, without further adieu, here is my Family and Friends Famous Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip…
- (1) 12oz package of fresh cranberries
- 1/4 C green onion, chopped
- 1/4 C cilantro, chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper
- 1 C sugar
- 2 T lemon juice
- (2) 8oz packages of cream cheese
- Chop the cranberries in a food processor, mini chopper, or blender
- Chop the green onion, cilantro, and jalapeno pepper into small pieces
- Mix these ingredients in a bowl
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours
- Spread the bricks of cream cheese as evenly as possible into a dish
- Pour the cranberry mixture onto the cream cheese
- Serve with Wheat Thins or other crackers
Do you love cranberries too? Do you have a special recipe using them during the holiday season? I’d love to hear about it in the comments!