This post is sponsored by General Mills. All thoughts and options are my own.
During the summer, snacking is in overdrive at our house. By lunchtime, the triplets have asked for a snack at least 2,494 times. One of their favorite ways to indulge is with Chex Mix and Muddy Buddies. And I’ll admit, I love to treat myself to these yummy snacks too!
We have made every combination under the sun, I think. Anything with the blueberry or vanilla flavored Chex is what we have enjoyed most.
Until we were introduced to the new Peanut Butter Chex Cereal, that is.
We made Double Peanut Butter Muddy Buddies using the new Peanut Butter Chex. Now, I think it’s safe to say that Jase, Henley, and Sadie’s new summer snack favorite is Double Peanut Butter Muddy Buddies. I mean, chocolate and peanut butter is the ultimate flavor combination, right?! Well, at least it is in our house.
I love that the recipe for the Double Peanut Butter Muddy Buddies is super simple. It can be made in just minutes – even with 6 little hands helping. Simple is where it’s at during the summertime. Amiright? I really don’t want to spend more time than we have to in the kitchen when all we really want to be doing is passing the day away outside in the warm sunshine – snacking.
Whether they’re swimming with friends, jumping on the trampoline, or digging in the dirt, Jase, Henley, and Sadie will always take a break for Double Peanut Butter Muddy Buddies with the new Peanut Butter Chex Cereal. It’s just that delicious, friends.
But, don’t take it from me! Try it for yourself.
You can stock up on the newest cereal to the Chex family – Peanut Butter Chex – at Walmart, just in time for summer!
Our summer just got a lot got with this recipe for Double Peanut Butter Muddy Buddies featuring the NEW Peanut Butter Chex. Check it out below!
- 5 cups Peanut Butter Chex™ cereal
- 4 cups Chocolate Chex™ cereal
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- In large bowl, add cereals; set aside.
- In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container.
Store in airtight containers so the mixture stays crisp.
For even more peanut butter flavor, stir in 1 cup peanut butter candy-coated chocolate candies or 1/2 cup peanut butter chips or for additional chocolate, stir in 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips!
Serving Size:1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200 Total Fat: 9 gramsg Carbohydrates: 28 gramsg